Website Liaison Creative + Marketing
Freelance Digital Taxonomy Consultant
Overview: Design a taxonomy and metadata structure for a global leader in the semiconductor space
Location: Remote, United States
Compensation: Based on experience.
Hours/Duration: August-September 2022
Liaison is looking for a Digital Taxonomy Consultant to support our tech client in creating a structure and foundation before transferring digital marketing assets into an enterprise asset system. Our client has acquired another company and needs to develop a new unified taxonomy that will allow the digital asset management system to support both product lines. This work is slated to start in early August, extend through the end of September, and is a 1099 contractor role. We can only consider candidates who reside in the US. The scope of the work includes:
• Analysis: Discovery / Audit / Survey of current systems. Examine categories of data, metadata in use, variations in descriptive terms, and the potential for standardization, categorization, and structures to allow metadata to be inherited based on location/type
• User input: Develop a questionnaire for both super-users and casual users. Define content being searched and successful/unsuccessful search terms. Design, circulate, chase responses, and collate responses
• Design new schema: Metadata, hierarchy, and descriptive taxonomies to allow effective searching while reducing the need for manual metadata entry
• Test and validate: The new schema hierarchy and taxonomies with the installed enterprise asset management system
• Submit for approval: Adjust and modify based on feedback
• Finalize: New schema, hierarchy, and taxonomies, and craft best practice basic usage instructions
How to be a top candidate for this job:
• 3+ years of experience in developing taxonomy classification, controlled vocabularies, metadata, data mapping, schemas, and ontologies
• Experience in Information Architecture
• Master’s Degree in Information Management, Library or Information Science, or equivalent work experience
• Experience with evaluating and implementing taxonomies to support systems such as content management systems, search, systems, digital asset management systems, or product classification
• PLEASE INDICATE YOUR AVAILABILITY, HOURLY RATE AND A SHORT DESCRIPTION OF A RELATED PROJECT YOU HAVE COMPLETED
• Basics of enterprise asset management software (Bynder a plus)
• Liaison employee benefits will not be provided for this self-employed 1099 freelance opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit liaisoncreative.com.