Now Accepting Applications for the 2020 Maura Rose Kampa Scholarship!
So, you think you’re not good enough to win a scholarship. Well, this just might be the one for you. The Maura Rose Kampa Scholarship is not about how good you are, it’s about how good you want to BE. Potential, effort and desire, that’s what we want to see!
The Maura Rose Kampa Scholarship seeks to provide mentorship and financial assistance to talented undergraduate students of design, advertising, illustration, and photography.
About the Scholarship Fund
The scholarship fund was started through AIGA Austin in 2015 to honor the spirit of Maura Rose Kampa, a bright young artist and design student and the daughter of David and Marcellina Kampa, active members of the Austin design and advertising communities.
Our objective is to annually recognize one design, advertising, photography, or illustration college student who showcases great craft, financial need, and an audacity and commitment to a future as a creative career professional.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Undergraduate student of design, advertising, illustration, or photography
- Have one full semester of study remaining
- Show financial need
- Be a member of either AIGA and/or Ad Fed
One student will be awarded a one-time gift of $2,000 toward tuition or other college expenses. The student will also receive a mentorship with award-winning associate design director Ben Harman of GSD&M.
The Maura Rose Kampa Scholarship is a partnership between AIGA Austin and the Austin Advertising Federation.
Support Our Local NSAC Teams
The Austin Ad Fed supports the UT and TXST National Student Advertising Competition (NSAC) teams by donating to the AAF District 10 American Education Sponsorship (AES) Fund. Help support this unique educational program and two of the winningest NSAC teams in the nation by becoming an AES Supporter.
Austin Community College
Purpose: To assist students enrolled in the ACC Visual Communication program.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA overall.
• Financial need (as determined by the ACC Financial Aid Office).
• Successfully completed Visual Communication coursework equal to 16 hours toward a degree or 12 hours toward a certificate.
Terms of Scholarship:
1. Successfully complete a minimum of six hours with a 3.0 GPA each semester.
2. Scholarship applies to tuition, fees, and books.
3. May only be used toward a degree or certificate in Visual Communication at ACC.
4. Scholarship must be used within one academic year.
5. Re-application necessary each academic year.
Past Ad Fed President, Dave Claunch started the Didi Stuart Endowed Scholarship to commemorate the passing of GSD&M Graphic Artist, Didi Stuart.